Saturday, May 23, 2009

Character animation student demo reel 2009

Hey guys I'm finally a Takshaa graduate!!! I must say it's been an AWESOME AWESOME experience learning animation from some of the very best in the industry! A big hearty thanks to all those who supported me, especially my parents and my sis, they've always been by my side and have believed in me!

Well here's my animation demo reel that consists of my better student work. While I still have to polish all my work, I sure had a blast working on every piece!! Do leave your comments and critiques!

Thanks!

Music by: M.I.A - Paper planes (DFA remix)

Animated in: MAYA 7.0 (YouTube link, in case Vimeo doesn't work)


 Reel breakdown:

9 comments:

Ratul Sarna said...

Hey great work man!
You've got a "complete" reel IMO.

Love the tapori shot,, keep it going,,
All the best!

Diable Cortez said...

Hey u knw, u can make a CD of your reel, and then for the front and the back cover put this reel breakdowns as a cover and send it to studios, it'll be very impressive!

dapOOn said...

thanks ratul! here's to doing EVEN better stuff in the future! cheers!

hey mitali, thanks for the suggestion! actually i already have a demoreel CD with this reel breakdown at the back of my cover! infact i've shortened my reel further by reducing a few pieces. and i've sent that reel to a few studios! ^_^

Ramkaran said...

Good job with the reel buddy.. Thanks for sharing. Keep updating ur blog with more of your works , am in your followers list. I have created my blogspot recently pls do comment on it

www.ramkaran-d.blogspot.com

thanks and keep up the good work buddy..

Harish k said...

awesome reel dapQQn..great work on ur reel..keep inspiring all of us ^_^

dapOOn said...

thanks guys!! :)

Jess Mendez said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

Mostly it is a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

Sincerely,
Jesse Noe

likho apna vichar said...

nice job yaar,great work

sandya said...

heyy!!! :D just saw ur reels and i jus loved it..i think its some brilliant work in progress there!! :D loved the tapori part in the acting segment..really very cool and also the traffic police bit !!! ur timing was really good..captured comedy ... very smooth i must say... <3