Sunday, August 1, 2010

Abused (11 sec club July 2010)


Hey guys another 11 sec club attempt. Not too happy with it, just tried a little hand at doing subtle sincere acting. These guys are a gay couple. Wonder if it came out right! :D (YouTube link, in case Vimeo doesn't work)

The lights are again done by the brilliant Preksha! However unfortunately I could not submit the rendered file for the competition, I simply couldn't make it on time! So I submitted my playblast there!

I would really appreciate some C&Cs. Thanks!

P.S. I finished 45th out of 233 entries!

Animated in: MAYA 2009

EDIT: Here's a shot progression of the piece.


4 comments:

Sumeet Surve said...

I don't like it.......In fact I LOVE it!!!!. Good subtle choice of acting. Good lighting as well.

Haripal Singh said...

That was nice bro,congrats brother,btw where do u work?
I also had participated there & finished right after you, 47th position, hope you have liked mine too
_________Good luck dude,
Keep it up,

Happy animating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asif said...

Hahahaha!!! Signature style or Not, I am still not sure :P Thanks buddy for the feedback, noted that in the "To Fix" list :)

BTW this shot looks really good nice subtle acting. Just watch out for the right hand while he's holding the dish I can feel the IK hand, Make sure the the shoulder shrugs, elbow movements do affect the movement upto the end to the dish. I also felt a bit of jitter while he picks up the disk.. that's pretty much I could point at the moment :) hope that made sense. Keep rocking, dude!!!

dapOOn said...

Thanks guys!

@ Sumeet, thanks bro! ^_^

@ Haripal, I really liked your entry too! Congrats! :) I'm unemployed right now owing to a road accident that resulted in a broken leg last November! :(

@ Asif, I see the jitters! I'll definitely look into that! Thanks for the pointer! :)