Sunday, July 3, 2011

Health update

Just thought I'd let you guys know about my health update. For those who didn't know, I met with this terrible road accident on 12th Nov 2009 while cycling to work. My legs were crushed and I also fractured my left arm. And now, after almost a year and a half, my left arm and right leg have healed. It's just the left leg that's, well, left! But that shouldn't take more than a year to heal. Meanwhile, I can manage to go to work with my walker. I know I still have a long way to go, but as long as I get to animate, I don't mind waiting. Haha!

And of course I have all you wonderful friends to thank, for supporting me through the months! Thanks for keeping my looney tooney spirit alive! Here's to recovery!! :D

video

7 comments:

Andrew said...

oh mate, i really feel for you. I think it's excellent though that you continue to be on the mend.

I know it's small consolation but your animation has been getting much better. There's also the fact that your knowledge of weight and body mechanics on a walk should be through the roof now.

All the best and please keep on getting better in health and in art. Take care Dapoon.
-Andrew
=)B

Dapoon said...

Thanks for the really kind words Andrew! Well I must say, being on bed rest for more than a year, I had nothing else to do but animate. I guess that's how my work kinda got better. Sometimes I wonder if God had planned all this! :)

erica said...

Oh dude, I bike to work too! It amazes me how many bicyclists I see on the streets of Los Angeles who don't even bother wearing a helmet. I hope you continue to heal and get stronger!

JKR said...

Ouch! Well, I'm glad you're on the mend and in good spirits. I keep stopping by the blog now and again, looking for updates! Glad you're okay.

Dapoon said...

Thanks for the kind words again fellas! :)

Erica, it definitely is scary to know how much we take our lives for granted. I hope you take all precautions while biking to work.

Swarazo said...

whatever dosnt kills you just makes you stronger......

KASANA said...

Fuck ! You can walk.
Day by Day Nothing Changes, But when you looks back nothing is same.